Office Moving Tips
Here are our top ten tips for a smooth office relocation:
1. Appoint a move coordinator. This person should be responsible for planning the move from beginning to end. They will be responsible for all communication and logistics regarding the move.
2. Plan as far as head as possible. The more time you, your staff, and the movers have to plan and execute your move the more efficient move day will be.
3. Communication is key. Make sure you notify everyone (staff, landlord, customers) about the move. Write a moving guide that describes all the procedures employees will need to follow and send out regular move updates.
4. Label and number. Labelling is an important tool for moving office. Colours and numbers can be used to represent employees, floors or departments. Place the labels on spots that will be easily visible to the removalist.
5. Move during out of hours. Limit employee downtime and the efficiency of the moving crew by moving on a weekend or overnight.
6. Purge and Recycle. Use the move as an opportunity to clean out as much junk as you can. Shred or scan old files and update old / mix matched furniture. Donate or recycle items if possible.
7. Prepare change of address notifications and notify utilities. Contact Australia post, email customers, change website and reprint new stationary. Notify utilities well in advance to ensure that critical business systems such as phone and computer networks are uninterrupted.
8. Pack personal items. Photo frames, plants and other personal items should be moved from offices/desks by their owner prior to the move.
9. Seal boxes with tape. Do not interfold the flaps of boxes as they can come open during transportation. Use tape to seal for added security.
10. Keep set-up instructions in safe place. For furniture items and computer equipment that will need to be reassembled, make sure that assembly instructions are kept safe and not accidentally thrown out in the move.
We have a pre-qualified network of Removals Providers all across the country.Get 3 FREE Quotes From Removals Experts Now!