Privacy Collection Statement
Updated May 2011
Life Events Media Pty Limited ("Quotify") is committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service. This includes protecting your privacy. Quotify is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) ("Privacy Act"), which sets out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information.
Set out below is information that Quotify is required to communicate to our customers. This statement may be amended by us from time to time. A current version will always be available at this weblink. This information does not restrict Quotify' rights under the Privacy Act in any way.
Quotify, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sensis Pty Ltd (“Sensis”), and is responsible for the Quotify online request for quote business.
Your personal information
Personal information held by Quotify may include your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile/fax phone number, e-mail address, bank account or credit card details, preferences for using our websites, web log, computer and connection information, occupation, driver's license number and your Quotify password. We also hold details of your Quotify services, including their status, as well as certain details about your personal interests.
Occasionally, you may need to provide personal information about other individuals to Quotify (eg about your authorised representatives). If so, we rely on you to inform those individuals that you are providing their personal information to Quotify and advise them that we can be contacted for further information (see 'How to contact us' below).
Personal information is collected by Quotify to, among other things; enable us to provide you with the products and services you have requested and to assist us improve our products and services. If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the products and services you require, or a high level of service.
How we collect personal information
Quotify collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, for example when you provide information by phone, in marketing coupons, competitions or application forms or when you use or submit information to us through our websites (eg by email or cookies);
- from third parties such as our Related Companies, carriage service providers, credit reporting agencies or your representatives;
- from publicly available sources of information, including from your public websites and from your listings in other online directories;
- from the organisations identified below under "When we disclose your personal information";
- from our own records of how you use our services; or
- when legally required to do so.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used in order to:
- verify your identity;
- assist you to subscribe to our products and services;
- provide our products and services, including referring your services;
- administer and manage those products and services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- make changes to your profile;
- respond to any queries or feedback you may have;
- inform you of ways the products and services provided to you could be improved;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- prevent and detect any misuse of, or fraudulent activities involving the Quotify websites;
- research and develop our products and services;
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs or obtain your feedback or views about our services in order for us to provide you with a better service;
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
When we disclose your personal information
In order to deliver the services you require or for the purposes set out above, Quotify may disclose your personal information to organisations outside Quotify. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to Quotify and Related Companies providing services to our customers. These organisations may carry out:
- customer enquiries;
- mailing systems;
- billing and debt-recovery functions;
- information technology services;
- marketing, telemarketing and sales services;
- market research; and
- website usage analysis.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to:
- your authorised representatives or legal advisers (when requested by you to do so);
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- credit providers (for credit related purposes such as creditworthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
- Sensis and our Related Companies;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law;
- organisations who manage our business and corporate strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables) and those involved in managing our corporate risk and funding functions (eg securitisation);
- other telecommunication and information service providers (eg if you obtain services from other providers, we may need to disclose your information for billing purposes).
Your personal information and our related companies
Quotify is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sensis, which also operates a group of subsidiary companies and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Telstra Corporation Limited ("Related Companies").
Quotify may share your personal information with the Related Companies to assist them with their business development and to market their own products and services to you and may continue to do so after your cease acquiring services from us. The Related Companies will use and disclose your personal information in accordance with their privacy policies. If you want to know more about the Related Companies, their areas of business and their commitment to privacy, please contact us. (see 'How to contact us' below).
Quotify may use 'cookies' on our websites. Cookies are an industry standard and most major websites use them. A cookie is a small text file that our websites may place on your computer. Usually, cookies are used as a means for websites to remember your preferences. As such, cookies are designed to improve your experience of the websites you visit.
In some cases, cookies may collect and store personal information about you. Quotify extends the same privacy protection to your personal information, whether gathered via cookies or from other sources. Most internet browsers are pre-set to accept cookies; however you can adjust your Internet browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas of our websites or take advantage of the improved website experience that cookies offer.
Quotify may also collect Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. IP addresses are assigned to computers on the internet to uniquely identify them within the global network. Quotify collects and manages IP addresses as part of the service of providing internet session management and for security purposes. Quotify may also collect and use web log, computer and connection information for security purposes and to help prevent and detect any misuse of, or fraudulent activities involving the Quotify websites.
Quotify may use third parties to analyse usage statistics on our websites. Such analysis is performed using data collected from our websites. The technology used by the third parties is not intended to collect personally identifiable information. In some limited circumstances, some personally identifiable information is collected, for example, when an email address is incorporated into a URL string. Personally identifiable information collected in this way is not used by the third party or Quotify for any purpose.
Third party sites
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
Quotify takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That's why we recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep us up to date with changes to personal information such as your name, address, contact details.
by contacting us (see 'How to contact us' below)
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
Quotify reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information.
How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact us between 9.00am and 5.00pm (EST), Monday to Friday.
Tel: 1800 112 558
Post: Privacy Manager, Life Events Media, Level 1, 233 Bulwara Rd, Ultimo NSW 2007
Further information on privacy is available at the website of the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner.