Kitchen Renovation Frequently Asked Questions
We have prepared some advice for oft-asked kitchen renovations concerns in an FAQ format:
- How long will my kitchen be out of use?
- How long will the whole kitchen remodelling process take?
- Can you give me a general overview on the installation of a new kitchen?
- Any general advice when choosing a new kitchen?
- How do I find and choose a designer?
- What kind of return can I expect from my kitchen redesign if I sell my home?
- At what point do I need to select appliances?
A: For a complete kitchen remodel your kitchen will be unusable for about one to two weeks. Expect to eat at restaurants frequently, or set up alternative cooking arrangement within the home.
A: Assuming there are no major problems with the water, electricity and other services then 4-8 weeks from when you order the kitchen is fairly normal.
A: Every kitchen installation is different, but generally the basic kitchen installation process includes these steps:
- Your old kitchen is removed and discarded.
- Any plumbing that is required, is installed and left turned off.
- New electrical, if required, is installed.
- The walls are repaired and prepped for paint.
- If a completely new floor surface is required, this is done next.
- The kitchen cabinets are installed.
- The bench top is measured.
- The trim for the cabinets is installed.
- The bench top is cut to size, and installed.
- The plumbing is connected and the kitchen is functional.
- If only a partial kitchen floor is required, it is done last.
A: The key thing you should look at is how long you expect to stay in the house. If you are likely to move in the next few years we suggest you buy a more current, 'popular', design which is likely to appeal to the majority of potential buyers for your property.
You should also consider where your house is located, and the size of the house. If you have a large rural home, including a double oven and fridge may be a good idea.
A: Why not try the Quotify Kitchen Designer Referral Service? All Kitchen Designers in our system have been screened, and once you complete the short form you will be matched to 3 Designers who meet you specified needs. These Designers will then contact you to commence to quotation process.
A: Depending on where you live and the market at the time, many home rennovation projects do not return 100% of their value.
Based on results compiled by the US Remodeling Magazine, kitchen redesign can give you between 90% and 94% return on your investment. Compare that with the other projects: Deck Addition - 72%, Family Room Addition - 83%, Replace Windows - 74%.
A: The short answer is as soon as possible. It is very important that you select your appliances before designing or at least early in the designing process. Designers need the exact measurements necessary to see that everything fits as it should in your kitchen.
We have a pre-qualified network of Kitchens Providers all across the country.Get 3 FREE Quotes From Kitchens Experts Now!