The Catering Proposal
You are now at the stage of planning the details of your event, wedding or party. It is time to meet with caterers to talk about what you want to achieve. At this stage most catering companies will request a meeting to discuss your needs further. It might be a phone conversation or a face-to-face meeting. After this meeting, your caterer will prepare a proposal for you which will outline their services and menu suggestions. If you are interviewing or requesting proposals from more than one catering company, it is a good idea to have a written brief which outlines the key areas of your event. This will also make it easier when it comes to comparing quotes between food caterers.
Here are the key things you will need to include in your brief/ discuss with each caterer
- The goals of the party, wedding or event. Is it a formal or informal event? Do you want a fun or sophisticated vibe?
- Budget. A good caterer will make your money work for you but it is important that you have a general range in mind. Is this a total budget (food, equipment & drinks) or just food?
- How many guests will attend?
- What is the venue? Do you need help in selecting a venue?
- Proposed date and time of the event or party.
- Is there kitchen equipment at the venue?
- Are there any guests with special needs? Vegetarian, allergies, religious considerations etc?
- What kind of bar do you want to have?
- Do you have any favourite foods or menu ideas?
- Preferred type of food service - buffet, sit down, finger foods, bbq?
- Do you need equipment rental? Tables, chairs, tableware, linen, glasses?
From this initial meeting, the catering company will provide you with a detailed estimate which will outline the breakdown of service and clearly detail the costs. Usually, this estimate can be altered to suit your needs or budget requirements. Through this process you should get a good understanding of the caterers which have understood your ideas and needs for your event.
We have a pre-qualified network of Catering Providers all across the country.Get 3 FREE Quotes From Catering Experts Now!