Carpet Cleaning FAQs
We have prepared some advice for oft-asked carpet cleaning concerns in an FAQ format:
- Why should I have my carpets professionally cleaned?
- How often should I have my carpets cleaned?
- Why isnt weekly vacuuming enough?
- Why does stain resistant carpet need to be deep cleaned?
- Will steam cleaning affect the stain resistance of my carpet?
- Will my carpet need cleaning more often once it is cleaned?
- Does professional cleaning make my carpet wear faster?
- What is the best method for cleaning carpets?
- How long will it take for my carpets to dry?
- Do I need to move my furniture?
- How can I keep my carpet looking good?
- What is the difference between a spot and a stain?
- Are carpet cleaning products safe?
- What can be done about pet stains and odor?
- Who should clean my oriental rug?
- Should I remove cushion covers for upholstery cleaning?
There are several ways to quickly check if your rug needs cleaning.
- Lift up a corner and slap the back with your hand. If dirt or dust comes out, it needs cleaning.
- Dampen a white towel. Rub the towel across the surface of the rug, if it soils, it is time to clean the rug.
- Visually inspect the rug. Pull the fibers apart and look for dirt trapped in the fibers.
- You catch your pet in the act of relieving itself, or you spill a glass of your favourite red wine on the rug.
Carpets and fabrics not properly cleaned and maintained have the potential to cause a variety of health problems. Professional carpet cleaning improves the indoor air quality of your home or work environment and it extends the life of your carpet.
Most manufacturers recommend that carpets be professionally cleaned every 12 18 months. However, if you have pets, children or are subject to allergies you may need to have carpets cleaned more frequently.
While the fibres in these carpets have been pre-treated to resists stains, deep cleaning is still needed to remove embedded dirt and grit and allergens such as dust mites, mould and pet hairs.
Some poor quality cleaning systems leave residues that can lead to rapid resoiling. A professional carpet cleaner will avoid this problem by using advanced extraction methods and high quality detergents.
No. Dirt acts as an abrasive when trapped in your carpet causing it to wear prematurely. Regular professional cleaning protects your investment.
It depends on the fibre system of your carpet. Synthetic fibres such as nylon and polyester can be cleaned with most methods. Natural fibres such as wool, cotton may require specialised care. Check your carpet manufacturers recommendations before proceeding with any cleaning method.
- Carpet thickness
- Water retention qualities of the carpet fibre
- Competence of the cleaning technician
Most carpet cleaners will move furniture such as sofas, chairs and tables. It is advisable that you remove any breakable items and nick knacks including items from inside cabinets, magazine racks, and bookshelves.
Most upholstery should be professionally cleaned once every 18 – 24 months to avoid soil build up and staining.
We have a pre-qualified network of Carpet Cleaning Providers all across the country.Get 3 FREE Quotes From Carpet Cleaning Experts Now!