Top Five Trends in Bathroom Design
- Water saving and energy efficient products
- Top of the agenda for most Australian homeowners is water conservation and environmentally sustainable design. 30 per cent of water used in the house is consumed in the bathroom. A range of innovative products are now available (some with government rebates) from water saving taps and mixers to solar water heaters and rain water tanks.
- Bathrooms are no longer purely about their function. People are looking to create a personal sanctuaries where they can escape from the outside world. Stone and natural products such as wood and bamboo are popular choices to give the bathroom an earthy natural feel. Dimmed lighting and candles have gained popularity to create a spa-like relaxing atmosphere.
- While white is still the colour of choice for fixtures, homeowners are going for brightly coloured bathroom accessories and furnishings.
- One of the main reasons for renovating the bathroom is to create more space. Bath/shower combination units, freestanding vanities and wall-hung toilets are some of the products people are choosing to create more space in the bathroom without having to break through walls.
- The high cost of renovation, combined with recent technological developments in resurfacing (also called reglazing) has resulted in the resurfacing trend. Everything from baths, sinks, showers, vanities, and tiles, the bathroom can get a complete professional makeover at a fraction of the time and cost of a traditional renovation.
We have a pre-qualified network of Bathrooms Providers all across the country.Get 3 FREE Quotes From Bathrooms Experts Now!