Choosing a Bathroom Renovator
A new bathroom is a big investment. It is important that you take time in selecting the right bathroom renovator to work with for your particular needs and budget. Bathroom remodeling is big business in Australia. You can choose to work with specialist bathroom renovators which handle all elements of the renovation job from design to installation or you may want to engage bathroom professionals on a trade-by-trade basis.
Here is a checklist when choosing a bathroom supplier:
- Is the supplier a registered building practitioner? Builders, Plumbers, Electricians should all be registered with their State's association.
- How long has the company been in operation?
- Does the renovator have a good track record? Can they supply you with references? Call references. Ask if you can view previous work in person. Check to see whether other projects came in on budget, if not how much/why were they exceeded?
- Did the company respond to your enquiry professionally? Did they return your call promptly, come to appointments on time, etc. This can be an indication for how well they run their business and therefore your project.
- Are the company and its workers insured?
- Does the contract clearly outline the scope of work that is to be carried out?
- Is there a start date and an estimated finish date?
- Are costs clearly outlined? Do you understand price variables?
- Are all phases of the project clearly defined and agreed to?
- Does the contract include warranty and insurance details?
- Get clarification on any questions before signing contracts
- Get amendments to quotes or contracts in writing. Never accept verbal quotes.
- Bathroom renovation is a long-term investment. Quality workmanship pays for itself over the long-term.
We have a pre-qualified network of Bathrooms Providers all across the country.Get 3 FREE Quotes From Bathrooms Experts Now!